Friday, July 6, 2012

We have MORE boys!

The Rooster that needs a new home.
So ... we found out this week that 2 of our Cuckoo Marans are boys and not girls.  I have thought this for a little over a month now ... however, my husband was in deep denial (I don't know how many times he told me this last month ... "but we bought them sexed" and "how can 2 out of 5 be boys")!  Well, its hard to deny once you hear one crow.  Now I need to find a new home for at least one of them.  This is the one that we put on craigslist ... so hopefully we will have a taker soon!  We haven't decided what we are going to do with the second one ... at this point though we have already decided to keep the 2 French Black Copper Marans Roosters (Echo and Zeek) so I'm not sure there is really room for another rooster (and I still have that Easter Egger that I am suspicious about).  What really surprises me is the Cuckoo Marans size.  He is a lot bigger than the BCM Roosters and they are the same age.

So our overall confirmed count from our 23 babies this year is 7 Roosters (5 BCMs and 2 Cuckoo Marans), 7 Hens (4 BCMs and 3 Cuckoo Marans), and the 9 Easter Eggers (which I think at least one is a little boy).

Another view of him.

He's a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment